*Note: All links provided are strictly for my readers’ benefit. This post is not sponsored, and only contains my own thoughts and opinions.**
For my first beauty product post and review how could I do anything other than my new favorite discovery: Fresh’s Soy Face Cleanser!!!
Before I get into the greatness of this product, a little background. I have always, for the 20-some years of my existence, had an oily face. I always struggle with control shine and oil, especially in my T-zone. But at the same time, some of the cleansers that are marketed for oily skin are too harsh and strip my skin. I had great luck using Origins’ Checks and Balances cleanser. I used this for well over a year, and love it still. However, this winter my skin turned the tables…..I started getting dry, flaky patches! I never thought it would happen; my oiliness was still rampant, but now I had dry skin to deal with. I tried a few different moisturizers, but nothing was doing the trick. So I did some quick research, and decided to try out the Soy Face Cleanser from Fresh. It had good reviews on Sephora, and I had heard good things about it from some of my favorite YouTubers. I picked up the smaller size, 1.6 fl oz, and so far the bottle has lasted me over a month (and that is with twice a day usage).
About the Product: According to Fresh’s website, this is “An extra-gentle gel cleanser for all skin types that instantly whisks away everyday impurities and makeup.” The claim that really got my attention was that it does all of the above without over-stripping the skin of essential moisture. While I love the Checks and Balances from Origins, it would sometimes give my skin that too clean, tight feeling. I hoped with the Soy Face Cleanser this wouldn’t happen….and for the 6 weeks I have been using it, it hasn’t 🙂
I can’t talk to the claims about makeup removal, as I either don’t wear any makeup or using a cleansing oil when I do wear makeup.
- It doesn’t strip away moisture from the skin. My dry patches cleared up within 2 days of switching to this cleanser.
- It is a gentler cleaners that anyone can use. I never once had a breakout when I first switched or since I started using it.
- It smells like cucumbers! I really like the smell, it only lasts for a few moments when you first apply then fades away.
- A little goes a long way. You only need a small amount and even with using it twice daily, I am still on my first bottle.
- Only one issue I have, and its more a personal preference than an issue with the actual product. Since it is a gel cleanser, it doesn’t get as frothy as other cleansers on the market. I use the Foreo Luna Mini and with this cleanser it almost seems like the Foreo just wipes the product away rather than giving me a deeper clean with the product.
I give this a 4.5 stars out of 5. I love how gentle this product is, yet it still cleans the skin. It has been great with the change of weather and winter setting it. I like the smell; its rather soothing and relaxing. I would give it a full 5 stars if only it wasn’t for the gel-like consistency that doesn’t necessarily mesh with my Foreo Luna. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a straight-forward cleanser. I will definitely be trying out more products from Fresh in the future.